ELECTRONICS TECHNICIAN -
We are excited to be recruiting for a new Electronics Technician role at the company, focussed on the development of next generation camera systems that are specific for a project recently won with the Eden Project. Based in Bermondsey, London at the 'Biscuit Factory', Meta affords its employees the opportunity to work with iconic and global brands as well as often travel in delivering cutting-edge projects.
Meta is currently seeking an experienced Electronics Technician for approximately 12 months for a DCMS funded project at the Eden Project, Cornwall. Working with the Head of Technology at Meta, the Electronics Technician will help design and fabricate prototype cameras before going into a short run production.
The main responsibilities and requirements are as follows:
• Assemble, repair, rework and/or troubleshoot complex digital camera assemblies.
• Prepare electrical wire/cable harnessing and test the functionality on the cameras.
• Collaborate with other team members to prepare hardware requirements.
• Document issues, electrical test results, and preparing instructions.
• Maintain a clean and organized work environment and update inventory.
• Follow electrical and mechanical safety and standard regulations.
• Familiar with reading PCB board layouts, schematic diagrams, and mechanical design and drawings.
• Be able to identify and fix electrical wiring problems ( e.g. continuity of circuits in electrical wiring) with following Schematic designs and PCB layouts using testing tools (Multimeter, Oscilloscope, etc.)
• Ability to solder small-feature SMD components (passives down to 0402, ICs up to high-pin-density QFP) using soldering irons.
• Experience reworking no-lead packages using a heatgun.
• Experience doing “prototyping mods”, such as cutting traces, drilling PCB, Installing jumper wires, etc.
• Ability to interpret and understand electronics schematics.
• Experience with hardware integration/mechanical assemblies.
• Ability working with machine tools, such as drill presses, rotary tools (“Dremmels”), small band saws, etc.
• Experience making 3D models in CAD software (solidworks, AutoCAD, Inventor).
• Excellent communication and interpersonal skills for smooth communication with the team.
We offer the following:
• Great startup environment
• Great teammates
• Social and team activities
Travel to Cornwall will also be required at various points in the project to meet stakeholders and review work delivered.
Salary is negotiable/dependant on experience. Initially, we are looking to fill this role on a full time basis, although this may change depending on the needs of the project later in its timeline. However, there is a potential to stay full time as other work is won at the company.
The work will be based in the Bermondsey office predominantly with the occasional trip to Cornwall for installations.
If you are up to the challenge, please send your resume and cover letter to email@example.com
Location: Unit B201.2, The Biscuit Factory, 100 Drummond Road, London, SE16 4DG
Normal hours: 9:00 to 18:00. Monday to Friday (days to be agreed in advance)
Reporting to: CTO
Salary: Depending on experience, 28 day holiday allowance plus UK public holidays
For enquiries, please contact Henry Stuart – firstname.lastname@example.org or call the office on 0207 636 6992